Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Real Love Week: 1 Cor 13:5

Love is not rude or self-seeking
-1 Corinthians 13:5

Daily Reflection:
The words of Christ, “Love one another as I have loved you,” must be not only a light for us but a flame that consumes the self in us. Love, in order to survive, must be nourished by sacrifices, especially the sacrifice of self. We must be willing to give whatever it takes to do good to others. This requires that we be willing to give until it hurts.
–Mother Teresa

Prayer:
Father, provide me with the grace this day to love others through my own sacrifice. Help me to place the needs of others above my own and to give everything that I have to them. The world admires spectacular sacrifices, but help me to see the beauty of the hidden sacrifices I can make for others today. I humbly ask all of this by Your grace. O Lord for I can do nothing without You. Amen.

Daily Challenge:
Today in your conversations with others try to spend less time talking about yourself and more time focused on them and their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment