Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Real Love Week: 1 Cor 13:4

Love is patient, love is kind.
-1 Corinthians 13:4


Daily Reflection:
The appropriate word you left unsaid; the joke you didn’t tell; the cheerful smile for those who bother you; that silence when you’re unjustly accused; your kind conversation with people you find boring and tactless; the daily effort to overlook one irritating detail or another in those who live with you…this, with perseverance is loving as Christ loves. Don’t say, “That person bothers me.” Think: “That person is making me holy.”
–St. Josemaria Escriva

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, You are continuously patient and loving toward all your children even when we turn away from You.  May I know your love today more deeply.  Please make me a living example of your kindness and patience so that I may love others as You continually love me. Amen.

Daily Challenge:



Spend 5-10 minutes today talking with someone that will help you practice patience. Offer this conversation up for your own holiness and their happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment