Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Better After

I am in charge of 5 student workers. They all share an office, which is a pretty popular hang out spot. The storage room for my building is on a floor below the office so, as much as I hate it, we inevitably have to store some stuff in the office. Thankfully, we have these deep window sills where we can keep stuff.
We decided to keep the games there so my girls can have an easier access to them. I would, after all, prefer that they be used. And while I like having quick access to the games, I can't stand the way it looks when they're all just shoved there. It looks cluttered, and I hate clutter. My solution was to get baskets. I spent about two hours looking for the right baskets at two different craft stores.

They're not perfect, but I do like them. I got all three baskets on clearance at Michael's, which helped my indecisiveness. I also added the 'pray' sign just to add more visual interest to the space and to convey a not-so-subtle message. I think I might take the angel picture down and put something else there. We'll see. The office will always be a work in progress for as long as I'm working here.

PS, the yellow sign above the couch says, "Warning: This couch is where motivation comes to die." It's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment