Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

And all I can taste is this moment...

Years ago, before I even knew of the college I work for now, someone decided it would be a great idea to plant irises right outside my building. Every spring, I am thankful for this decision.


They smell divine and have a tendency to almost appear out of nowhere if you're not paying close attention. Most of the time, that area just looks sad. I actually wonder if we shouldn't plant something else there, but I'm reminded every spring that it's fine. It's beautiful the way it is, even if it is only for a week or two. Enjoy it while it lasts. The plants are left uncared for throughout the year, but they always bloom every spring without fail.


I think that one of my favorite things about winter (though, I do love it for what it is) is the anticipation and the appreciation one has for spring. I'm not sure if you can truly appreciate spring unless you lived through the gray-ness and dull-ness of winter. These flowers to me are a reminder to appreciate things as they come since they may not last very long.

PS, 100 points if you get the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment