Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Heat Waves and Moving Days


The temps are exceeding the 100s and the air conditioners are working hard, summer is in full swing. While the dog days of July sends most people to the pool worshiping the sun god and enjoying some free time, my summer has been a whirlwind of transitions I've been desperately trying to keep up with. 

For starters I’ve begun school again. That’s right just two short months after my farewell to Sallie Mae fate would have it that I would continue my education and my on-again off-again relationship with Sallie is back on. This time in pursuit of a graduate degree in education, complete with certification in English. While teaching English has never been the dream “the man” insists that if I want to impart theological wisdom into the minds of youngsters I must be certified or working toward certification, so graduate school it is.

If the pursuit of a career in education weren’t enough to get used to, God has continued His flood of blessings upon me with a new job. Starting this fall I will be teaching seventh and eighth grade religion. Yay! I can’t even begin to describe the building nerves, anxiety and simulataneous excitement about this.

But wait that’s not all….since I don’t plan on communting everyday from tiny town Kansas, this new job required has required a new residence. So about a week ago I packed it all up and moved back Kansas City. Not only am I thrilled to be in an actual city again with all its amenities and conveniences (small town life just wasn’t for me), I am also closer to my boyfriend which is a plus.

We have gone from doing the long distance thing; living an hour away and seeing each other on the weekends to dwelling mere blocks from each other. Yes, I said blocks. While this has been an exciting time for us, it has taken some adjustment on both our parts…more on that in a future post.

All in all, it’s been a busy summer for me. While I am excited about all the wonderful things happening, it’s been a lot to keep up with. Still I suppose it’s all just part of the journey. Life is full of transitions and just when you start to get comfortable with one thing or another; it throws you a curve ball. I’m convinced this is God’s form of personal entertainment, His beautiful way of keeping things exciting and all of us a little more humble. I am so blessed.
                                      
                                                                                                                           -Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment